On Friday, September 16, 2016 at 4:58:26 AM UTC-7, Przemysław Loesch wrote:

> Massimo thank you very much for your answer. I have one more question a
> bit out of the topic.
> Is it a way to increase web2py efficiency when it is used only for
> database transactions and user authorization? I don't use web2py html
> helpers, forms, views processing etc. Complete GUI of my app is created in
> javascript and calls web2py asynchronously just to get some data as json.
> In these conditions is it a part of web2py which could be "turned off" eg.
> by removing imports of unnecessary modules or by setting variables? So far
> the speed the server responses is very good but soon I'll have much bigger
> load and just want to be sure that server side process is as
> straightforward as it can be.
> Przemek

You're going to have at least a minimal view (generic.json, frex) to
provide the headers and the HTTP 200.  But my understanding is that the
models can be the slowest part of web2py (as opposed to the backend), so
using conditional models or moving extra models out to the modules can be
useful.

(Caveat:  I'm just one of the "advanced beginners", but I think I've
captured this part of the wisdom of the Respected Regulars.)

/dps