Ha.  Looks like I'm going to have to write the two-db app regardless.

The surprising thing is, Postgres allowed me to put in strings that only
differ in case into tables where the string was declared "unique".  MySql,
however, considers them the same and throws an IntegrityError exception
when I try to load the CSV.  Because of the nature of the CSV file loading,
that means I have to scrub the database,  rebuild it empty, and then try
again.

I've loaded the same database 5 times now and get a new IntegrityError on
each load.

Time for Plan B.