On Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 10:29:51 PM UTC-7, karthik naidu wrote:

> hi, i'm new to web2py.
> I'm making an app to track positions of an android device.
> how to recieve data from android device and store it in my database.
> thanks in advance.

Short answer:  the android device should do a POST with the pertinent data,
and you write a web2py controller that does a db.mytable.insert().

If the data can be updated, scroll down a bit in the book to read about
update_record() and update_or_insert().

If you're having the android user access a web page to enter data, then you
probably want to look at SQLFORM()
.<URL:http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/03/overview#An-image-blog>
    (scroll down to where you see "def show():")
<URL:http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/07/forms-and-validators#SQLFORM>

If you are writing a native app, then you'd make the native call to POST
the data.
(You can simulate this from a desktop using curl.exe from
<URL:https://curl.haxx.se>
)

/dps