Hello,
Just in case anybody else has the same problem. I found a quick and dirty
solution modifying the grid element that shows the list of options.
This does not seem to be the optimal solution though. I will thank any
further feedback in how to solve this issue.

Iago

*#Fix search list*
option_list = grid.element(_id='w2p_query_fields')

if option_list != None:
    for i in range(len(option_list)):
        option_list[i] = None
    for index, i in enumerate(fields):
         option_list[index] = OPTION(i.label, _value=i)