On Monday, January 2, 2017 at 1:03:42 PM UTC-8, David Shavers wrote:

> I've read both links that you guys have sent and now I know what code I
> need to put into the routes.py file, but It's still not clear to me where I
> should place it. By "in the /web2py folder," do you mean in the folder that
> contains the downloaded web2py application?
>

> For instance, on mac.. mac/user/downloads/web2py/routes.py?

Quick answer:  yes

Better answer:  it goes in the directory where web2py.py lives; this is
also the parent directory to the applications directory.  If you happen to
have installed web2py under the ~/downloads directory, then that is where
it goes.  Web2py does not need its directory to be in ~/downloads, but it's
okay to have it there (for a development environment; production
environments may require a different organizing scheme).

/dps