Never mind, it was my fault. I was trying to create a link, and never
remember the right order:  ln -s name folder  or   ln -s folder name , and
this is how I created the broken link.

I create links because I have the applications folders out of the
web2py/applications to make it easier to manage the web2py update process
in case of new version, and thus, I create a link for every new application.

Best regards.