Funny thing :

On the distant server,

1/ If I launch the mail controller from Web2py.exe (127.0.0.1/admin), it
does find SSL module (python version 2.7.9) --> the mail is sent

2/ If I launch the mail controller as 'localhost/admin' i.e. through Apache
2.4, it does not find the SSL module (python 2.7.10, the one that is
installed) --> the mail is not sent

What is going on there ?

It looks like Apache does something with the Python SSL module.

Very strange.

Any idea ?