On Tuesday, June 6, 2017 at 4:03:09 PM UTC-4, e27...@gmail.com wrote:

> Funny thing :
>
> On the distant server,
>
> 1/ If I launch the mail controller from Web2py.exe (127.0.0.1/admin), it
> does find SSL module (python version 2.7.9) --> the mail is sent
>
> 2/ If I launch the mail controller as 'localhost/admin' i.e. through
> Apache 2.4, it does not find the SSL module (python 2.7.10, the one that is
> installed) --> the mail is not sent
>
> What is going on there ?

The Windows binary version of web2py (i.e., web2py.exe) includes its own
Python interpreter and standard library, so when you run it, you are not
using the Python installed on your system. Apparently the Python 2.7.10 you
have installed on your system does not include the SSL module.

Note, in general, if you have Python installed on your system, there is no
particular reason to run the binary version of web2py -- just run from
source.

Also, for future reference, when having a problem (particularly something
that seems related to the Python installation), it is a good idea to report
your OS and the version of web2py (i.e., source vs. binary).

Anthony