Thanks, I think you're right. But its working now, so I'll revisit it once
the delivery heat is off.

Please, on the related topic of my other post, I'm I missing something by
thinking I should be able to access the SAME mysql db both from web2py as
well as a standard Python program, assuming the same version of DAL?
In fact, the web2py app creates the db and uses it fine, but the standalone
app claims it can't connect to it.

I haven't tried it, but what about 2 web2py apps? Can they access the same
(mysql) db

Thanks