Thanks very much Anthony for all your help with this one. I copied the
exact code you posted but nothing changed.

I wonder if this has to do with having multiple apps in the web2py
directory. I just can't fix this issue no matter what I do.

Btw, even if I was to manage somehow to get rid off the "init", is it
possible to have this URL *mysite.com/robot.txt*  - probably not possible,
right? Even on the link you sent, it would be *mysite.com/default/robot.txt
*- which means the search engines wouldn't find it.

But, I can't even get rid of the "init", which is frustrating. I asked
about this on pythonanywhere, but they don't know. They say it's a web2py
issue.