I'm having troubles with the reset password functionality and I'm hoping
you guys can give me some pointers on what to check, or how to fix it
(version 2.16.1 stable, running from source).

When running my application in GAE I can go to the reset password page
('default/user/request_reset_password') and enter the email address, but
when I click on 'Request reset password' button It goes straight to the
internal error page, and the logs show "TypeError: long() argument must be
a string or a number, not 'auth_user'".

I re-downloaded the web2py source code and put it on a separate location.
I simply went to the default app and registered a test user.  When I
clicked on the "Lost Password" menu option it went straight to a "404 NOT
FOUND".

So at this point I'm not sure if my application is doing something wrong or
if it's an issue with the actual framework since the default application
doesn't seem to be working right.  I've seen other posts around password
reset not working but seem to be related to other issues.  Any
ideas/suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Julian