Roberto's work it's really nice and valuable, we still need to drop the
nodejs dependency somehow, and use js tools without worrying about node or
npm. Something like using js modules in the browser would be nice.

You can read about it in the following links.

https://www.contentful.com/blog/2017/04/04/es6-modules-support-lands-in-browsers-is-it-time-to-rethink-bundling/
https://jakearchibald.com/2017/es-modules-in-browsers/
https://pawelgrzybek.com/native-ecmascript-modules-in-the-browser/