Hi Massimo,

That sounds like a plan to me. There is only one problem left: I don't
think that putting application code under /var is a good idea. I'll
have to check the packaging manual, but my gut feeling is that all
python code must go under /usr. The same logic applies as before - /
usr might be shared across several machines, /var is not shared.

How difficult would it be to allow each application to have a config
file which specifies where the runtime files should be stored? That
would be so much cleaner..

Regards,
Dima.