On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Anthony <av201...@yahoo.com> wrote:
[...]

> From what I've read, web2py sounds like a great framework --
> comprehensive, well-integrated, easy to set up, learn, and deploy,
> etc. However, although it sounds good on paper, I haven't yet found a
> single site built with web2py that looks all that impressive (at least
> superficially). It's easy to find quite a number of sophisticated and
> impressive looking sites/apps built with Ruby on Rails and Django, but
> I haven't seen anything remotely comparable based on web2py. I'm
> wondering why the disparity.

What you've seen on those sites is the façade. It's the work of
graphic designers and not a merit of the underlying frameworks. That's
what you see.

I'm sure the same effect can be achieved with any web2py based
website. You just need to hire a great graphic designer and usability
expert.

--
Alexei Vinidiktov