SEO is basically done through:

page title (response.meta.title)
page keywords ( response.meta.keywords)
page description ( response.meta.description)

plus:
the robots.txt file under website root directory,
good practices for creating links and inserting images,
Semantic html markup ( I mean always including "name" , "alt", "title" for
relevant tags),
and also using correctly the most relevant tags (h1,h2,h..., <em>, <strong>
etc )

And one of the most important thing: Build a sitemap [1]

web2py is ready to do all that, but we need to do it all from the scratch,
what we need now is a helper or a mechanism to make it more user friendly.As
is done by the plugin ALL-IN-ONE-PACK-SEO on wordpress for example.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Site_map

--

http://rochacbruno.com.br