Very good thread!

BTW: Is that tricks on the book?
http://www.reddit.com/r/Python/comments/ej0p1/new_standalone_web2py_database_abstraction_layer/c18hkjf

and, I completely agree with the 4th idea here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Python/comments/ej0p1/new_standalone_web2py_database_abstraction_layer/c18grty

But, I like the fact DAL is a single file, for me it is better to be a
single file, better to maintain and keep my projects updated. I have a PyGTK
program running with SQL.py and I will update this to the new dal.py this
weekend, I prefer to update a single file.

better if I can do: $easy_install dal

--

Bruno Rocha
http://about.me/rochacbruno/bio