El Wed, 16 Mar 2011 16:15:25 -0700 (PDT)
Massimo Di Pierro <massimo.dipie...@gmail.com> escribió:

> I have isolated a minimal set of GAE SDK files that, if shipped with
> web2py, would allow to test locally and deploy on GAE from web2py
> admin without need to download the SDK separately (basically I deleted
> Django and WebObj since they are not necessary). Their license would
> allow it.
>
> This would make web2py source 7MB bigger. It would probably go in
> gluon/contrib.
>
> Is it a good idea? Pros? Cons?
>
> Massimo

Seems to be a really good idea, specially to me... i have a really ugly
relationship with GAE on deployment, so... go for it!.

Pros: Easy deployment on GAE (and this is a huge PRO!)

Cons: Bigger source to download, so would it be possible to have a
regular version and a GAE SDK included version?, is it too much to
ask?, some people will not use this feature, still don't think is
important, 7MB is not that much.