I did it with forms. Client needs to make a POST to web2py with input file
in form (make sure the right content type)

in web2py server create an action that does:

example:

#model
Field('picture','upload',uploadfolder=request.folder+'static/uploads',
autodelete=True )

#receiver
in form.accepts():
db.table.insert(picture=db.photo.picture.store(request.vars.Filedata.file,
request.vars.Filedata.filename))

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 6:01 PM, Ismael Serratos <ialejandr...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi! I was wondering how could I upload a file to web2py from another PC
> (intranet app) but via http, I mean, make a server and a client script.
>
> Is it possible??
>
> client does't have web2py, just python, server is running web2py.

Bruno Rocha
[ About me: http://zerp.ly/rochacbruno ]
[ Aprenda a programar: http://CursoDePython.com.br ]
[ O seu aliado nos cuidados com os animais: http://AnimalSystem.com.br ]