Ok here's what I want to do.

I want a user to be able to create multiple tables of data, with some
information about every table.
So instead of creating more tables, I figured I'll have one big table of
data with a reference to the record in the table_settings database so I can
return to the user only the information pertaining to his "virtual" table.
I'd like some of the fields in the data table to take their default value
from the "parent_table" as I call it.
Rethinking my strategy, I think maybe it would be easier performance wise
to scale by just setting up new tables per user.

Still, if I understand correctly I'd have to setup a AJAX call requesting
the default values to prepopulate the fields with the defaults matching the
table?
Or else maybe when creating the table for the user, I could enter the
default values. I'm trying to imagine though how I would go around
implementing this.