> Still, if I understand correctly I'd have to setup a AJAX call requesting
> the default values to prepopulate the fields with the defaults matching the
> table?
> Or else maybe when creating the table for the user, I could enter the
> default values. I'm trying to imagine though how I would go around
> implementing this.

It depends on how you want to define the user experience. Assuming the user
has to first select a table, there has to be some subsequent step on the
server to determine the defaults for the selected table -- that can be done
via Ajax or simply a new page load, but will require an additional request
either way. I suppose another alternative is to send the defaults for all
possible tables with the original page, but hidden, and then use Javascript
to populate the defaults for the selected table.

Anthony