web2py redirect issues a standard http redirect, so the address will change
in the browser address bar. I believe you were using jQuery Mobile and
Ajax, which apparently introduces some complications (not specific to
web2py). For a regular application, a standard redirect should work fine.
In any case, I don't think peter is looking for just a redirect -- he wants
to grab a copy of a page, edit it, and return the edited version -- quite a
different task.

Anthony