Here is a simple example of what I mean:

If I type

http://127.0.0.1:8000/admin/default/site

at my browser when I am logged in, I get the installed applications
page.

However if I do it by calling the test routine below

def test():
        import urllib
        url="http://127.0.0.1:8000/admin/default/site";
        f = urllib.urlopen(url)
        s = f.read()
        return s

I have to login again even though I am logged in on my computer. So
the question is, can I somehow add the 'context' to s so that it
recognises that I am already logged in?

I am using web2py's admin as an example, but the solution should work
for any website.

Thanks

Peter