> What I would like to have that is not actually possible I think is a way
> to "detect_record_change" with SQLFORM.factory...
>
> Do you have any idea how I could achieve that?

You could create a hash of each row and store the hash value in a hidden
field. Then on form submission, hash the current version of the same row,
and make sure it matches the hash in the hidden field of the submitted form
-- if not, the record changed in between form creation and submission.
Actually, rather than creating a separate hidden field, you could even set
the record hash as the form's _formkey value (which is what
'detect_record_change' actually does).

Anthony