Alan Etkin escribió:
dbi('historia',
      Field('fecha', 'string')
      )
That should be a 'date' field for web2py to handle date information
properly.
I changed that later. I was using the 'date' type originally when the issue came up.

      date = str(datetime.datetime.now()) #NO error1, but doesn't update
I cannot reproduce the error in my system (it performs update or
insert with date only values, but I am using the "date" field type)

A (poor yet somewhat simple to implement) workaround would be storing
datetime objects instead of date but filtering just the y/m/d values
(with computed fields) so comparisons would match with day precision.
I droped and rebuilded the database (well, web2py). now it works.

Thank you very much for you time :)