Here some more information on the ticket it raises :

(self=<gluon.dal.PostgreSQLAdapter object>, value=1,
field_type='db.auth_user', blob_decode=True)
Code listing

1498.
1499.
1500.
1501.
1502.
1503.

1504.
1505.
1506.
1507.

            return value
        elif field_type == 'blob' and not blob_decode:
            return value
        else:
            key = regex_type.match(field_type).group(0)
            return self.parsemap[key](value,field_type)

    def parse_reference(self, value, field_type):
        referee = field_type[10:].strip()
        if not '.' in referee:

Variablesfield_type'db.auth_user'self<gluon.dal.PostgreSQLAdapter object>
self.parsemap{'blob': <bound method PostgreSQLAdapter.parse_blob of
<gluon.dal.PostgreSQLAdapter object>>, 'boolean': <bound method
PostgreSQLAdapter.parse_boolean of <gluon.dal.PostgreSQLAdapter object>>,
'date': <bound method PostgreSQLAdapter.parse_date of
<gluon.dal.PostgreSQLAdapter object>>, 'datetime': <bound method
PostgreSQLAdapter.parse_datetime of <gluon.dal.PostgreSQLAdapter object>>,
'decimal': <bound method PostgreSQLAdapter.parse_decimal of
<gluon.dal.PostgreSQLAdapter object>>, 'double': <bound method
PostgreSQLAdapter.parse_double of <gluon.dal.PostgreSQLAdapter object>>,
'id': <bound method PostgreSQLAdapter.parse_id of
<gluon.dal.PostgreSQLAdapter object>>, 'integer': <bound method
PostgreSQLAdapter.parse_integer of <gluon.dal.PostgreSQLAdapter object>>,
'list:integer': <bound method PostgreSQLAdapter.parse_list_integers of
<gluon.dal.PostgreSQLAdapter object>>, 'list:reference': <bound method
PostgreSQLAdapter.parse_list_references of <gluon.dal.PostgreSQLAdapter
object>>, ...}key'db'value1

It comes form this line in user function of default.py controller that I
change a bit :

form = auth()

Here what I am doing :

def user():
    """
    """
    form = auth()
    auth.settings.formstyle = 'table3cols'
    if request.args(0) == 'login':

form[0][1][1].append(SPAN((A(forget_pwd_icon(),_href=URL(r=request,c='default',f='user',args=('request_reset_password'))),
            SPAN(T('Click on icon if you forgot your password...'))),
            _class='logintip'))
        return dict(form=form,layout='login_layout.html')
    elif request.args(0) == 'profile':
        return dict(form='you are not allowed
(permission)',layout='layout.html')
    elif request.args(0) == 'request_reset_password':
        if not 'request_reset_password' in auth.settings.actions_disabled:
            return dict(form=auth(),layout='login_layout.html')
    else:
        return dict(form=form,layout='layout.html')
    return dict(form=form,layout='layout.html')

But I bypass the index and user function from my app and I still get the
error... I believe that it could come from the postgres adapter some how...
If you remember I use 'myIdName','id' to use my own custom table id name
and also redefine the sequence name since the default sequence name build
up of postgres is different from the one of web2py... Hope it helps.

What else (i mean which changes) could cause this problem?

Thanks.

Richard