> i would prefer to have DEV and Stable(production) branches (or labels) .
>
> Due to 2-3 times of broken updates , i am reluctant to update my web2py to
> latest version , until people reports less problems with that particular
> update version.

Basically, x.xx.1 versions are essentially release candidates because not
enough people do any testing of the nightly builds. Most of the bugs are
then quickly fixed within a week or so. So, don't put an x.xx.1 release
right into production without any testing -- but do test it and report any
bugs, and there should be a stable version ready shortly thereafter. Note,
1.99.5 was an exception -- it was really more like a .1 release (lots of
new features, not just bug fixes for 1.99.4). It should have been 2.0.1,
but Massimo wanted to wait for the next release to bump the major version
up to 2.

Anthony