Hi Massimo,

Mobile browser on mobile phones can work in "mobile mode" or in "desktop
mode". If you are in desktop mode, without that line, you cannot see the
menu because it's faded away. And you cannot click, so the menu is faded
and not clickable!

In a desktop instead, when a windowed browser has a resolution less than
responsive threshold, the menu is yes visible, but it's resize the page at
each mouse hovering and makes the menu unusable.

So, if you are in a browser with a sufficient resolution, you can see the
standard dropdown, when you are on a mobile browser with a narrow
resolution but in desktop mode, you can see a flat menu. This restores the
default bootstrap behaviour for colllapsible dropdowns.

Hope this helps!

--
Profile: http://it.linkedin.com/in/compagnucciangelo