Anthony,

I guess the following will apply to ALL the sqlform.grid in the app,
correct ?
Generally, we have multiple different sqlform.grid across the app, and each
instance may have different columns (and thus possible needing different
column widths)

I am looking for something like "maxtextlengths" which can be changed "per
sqlform.grid" instance

-Mandar

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 8:01 PM, Anthony <abasta...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you want to control the column widths and allow the content to wrap if
> necessary, you can do so with CSS (and some JS in IE). Let's say you want
> to set the width of the 5th column. To support IE, in Javascript do:
>
> <script>
> $(function() {
>     $('.ie .web2py_table td:nth-child(5)').addClass('td-wrap');
> });
> </script>
>
> Then in CSS:
>
> .web2py_table td:nth-child(5), .web2py_table td.td-wrap {
>     min-width: 15em; max-width: 20em; white-space: normal !important;
> }
>
> Anthony
>
> On Wednesday, September 5, 2012 10:06:41 AM UTC-4, Mandar Vaze wrote:
>>
>> Using maxtextlengths optional parameter partially helps.
>> http://web2py.com/books/**default/chapter/29/07?search=**maxtextlengths<http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/07?search=maxtextlengths>
>>
>> I say partially because this param controls how many characters are
>> displayed in the column (Only those many characters are sent by the server)
>> If one has too many wide columns, result could be ugly, especially
>> buttons in last column are now shown vertically - depending on screen size
>> etc.
>>
>> I wish there was way to control the column width via web2py
>>
>> -Mandar
>>
>> On Tuesday, September 4, 2012 12:35:55 AM UTC+5:30, Ovidio Marinho wrote:
>>>
>>> how to limit the size of columns in sqlform.grid
>>>                                                 25
>>>                                                    40
>>>                                                     15
>>> 2 col lenght 40