About point 4 of the list it's important, imho, to have an html scaffolding
that fits, through css classes, to our needs. A solution could be to change
the html structure by using javascript.
For example we could obtain the dropdown auth navbar by inserting this code
to the bottom of "layout.html" in bootstrap menu script section:

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------//
      var newNavbar = jQuery('<ul class="nav pull-right"></ul>');
      var newNavbarDropdown = jQuery('<li class="dropdown"></li>');
      var dropdownMenu = jQuery('<ul class="dropdown-menu"></ul>');
      var dropdownTitle = ($.trim($('.auth_navbar').text().split('[')[0])).
length?$.trim($('.auth_navbar').text().split('[')[0]):'Welcome'
      var icons = ['icon-off', 'icon-user', 'icon-lock'];
      var newNavbarElements = jQuery('.auth_navbar').children('a').each(
function(index){
           $(this).text(' '+$(this).text()).appendTo(dropdown).prepend('<i
class="'+icons[index]+'"></i>').wrap('<li/>');
      });
      newbardropdown.prepend('<a data-toggle="dropdown"
);
      jQuery('#navbar').replaceWith(newnavbar.append(newbardropdown.append(
dropdown)));

In other words, in some circumstances, only the css is not enough. My
proposal to avoid backward incompatibility is to build a javascript
function or a js functions library to adequate the html provided from
python code to the chosen css framework (skeleton, bootstrap and so on).
What do you think?