On May 4, 2007, at 2:48 PM, Holger Freyther wrote:

Hey,

I adjusted, updated and improved my gcov scripts and let it run on the WebKit repository. Leopard will probably have something more visually appealing but for everyone not at Apple this http:// www.openembedded.org/~zecke/coverage/webkit/mac/index.html might look interesting.

The commands that were run:

WebKitTools/Scripts/build-webkit GCC_GENERATE_TEST_COVERAGE_FILES=YES GCC_INSTRUMENT_PROGRAM_FLOW_ARCS=YES EXTRA_LINK=" -ftest-coverage - fprofile-arcs" OTHER_CFLAGS=" -MD " OTHER_LDFLAGS=" -ftest-coverage -fprofile-arcs -framework AppKit"
WebKitTools/Scripts/run-webkit-tests
WebKitTools/Scripts/run-javascriptcore-tests GCC_GENERATE_TEST_COVERAGE_FILES=YES GCC_INSTRUMENT_PROGRAM_FLOW_ARCS=YES EXTRA_LINK=" -ftest-coverage - fprofile-arcs" OTHER_CFLAGS=" -MD " OTHER_LDFLAGS=" -ftest-coverage -fprofile-arcs -framework AppKit"

Open issues:
Some files get compiled but are not executed so no .gcda,.gcna get generated. I could guess the line numbers and add them to the statistic. I could ignore these files, or just list them.

So is that of interest for anyone?

Looks awesome to me. I think we should get your scripts in the repository and consider setting up a buildbot to eventually run the tests in a gcov-enabled build. Can you submit some patches?

Regards,
Maciej