On May 25, 2007, at 4:18 PM, David Hyatt wrote:

Augmenting contextual menus really has nothing to do with plug-ins, so I'm not sure how the conversation ended up at plug-ins. :) Changing context menus is getting more into the realm of extensions.

Yeah, I don't get how it got there either. If you want to change context menus, then in a custom WebKit app, you can use the UI delegate: webView:contextMenuItemsForElement:defaultMenuItems:

If you want to do it from web content, I think your only option right now is to handle the "contextmenu" event and pop up a custom menu by hand.

In the future, HTML is going to get better support for customizing context menus from web content. Here's the current HTML5 draft: <http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#context>. If you need a feature like this sooner rather than later, contact the appropriate WWDR representative.