On Dec 19, 2007, at 12:53 PM, Marvin Decker wrote:

This sounds good. Are there any plan to replace DeprecatedString with String when this is complete? It would make a big difference.

Yes, uses of DeprecatedString should all be removed.

But that doesn't need to wait for this plan. Migration from DeprecatedString can be done before, during, and/or after the things I listed here.

If you're working on replacing a particular use of DeprecatedString with String and run into an inefficiency or problem then please raise it on the list -- we should fix it right away rather than waiting.

Is this something you're interested in working on?

    -- Darin