Hi,

Trying to develop for a platform that you don't have access to is
asking for trouble. Even if you somehow managed to develop for it,
there is no way you could do your quality assurance. If your boss
wants you to develop for the iPhone and MacOS X, then I would
recommend getting the necessary hardware.

Are you able to share with us what your project is meant to do? Does
the program need to be a client side application, or could you
implement this a web site?

If you need to create a client side application I would suggest doing
is looking at each platform and seeing what is already offered. At
that point look at what hooks are necessary to make use of WebKit
there. Since Java is not available for the iPhone, you will probably
find yourself writing two applications: one for the iPhone and one for
the Mac. If you still want to use Java, then you could target the
desktop platforms, and then develop for the iPhone separately.

Andre