Why double delayInSeconds and not milliseconds to stay consistent?

On Oct 2, 2008, at 5:32 PM, Ojan Vafai wrote:

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 5:16 PM, Aaron Boodman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 5:05 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I don't really like the overengineered version. I like the "fairly
> minimalist" version best, but is there anything from the
> overengineered version that should be added to it?

I like the "fairly minimalist" version best as well.

The stop() method does seem a little lonely on the Timer interface all
by itself.

If others think any other members from the "overengineered" version
are important I would welcome them to keep stop() company.

+1. My ideal would be the following:

Timer startTimer(double delayInSeconds, bool repeating, Function callback);

interface Timer {
    void stop();
    void resume();
    void setDelay(double delayInSeconds);
}

That would cover the majority of cases I've seen in real-world javascript code. The argument for setDelay is wanting to be able to tweak the delay on the fly (e.g. Google Page Creator has autosave code that gets a response from the server with a longer delay time when the server is overloaded).

Ojan