I had intended to summarize this long thread which I started.  But
I've since realized that we're mostly bikeshedding here, so there
isn't much actionable takeaway. :(  Thank you to all of you for your
thoughtful responses!

I'm not at all attached to the current YELLING CHANGELOG TEMPLATE. :)
But I don't feel like I can draw action from this thread.

I'm happy to review further changes to prepare-ChangeLog (as I'm sure
others are).  So if anyone feels strongly that it's currently broken,
please feel free to post a patch. :)

-eric