This is a good high level view of WebKit:
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/DisplayWebContent/DisplayWebContent.html

A blog entry on rendering:
http://webkit.org/blog/114/webcore-rendering-i-the-basics/

I'm sure there are other good blog entries, and the standard seems to
be quite high, unfortunately I haven't found a page which lists the
entries away from all the ...is now a webkit reviewer" or allows a
search of them.  All I can do is provide this link:
http://webkit.org/blog/ where you can trawl through all the blog
entries searching for something useful.

Others may have a few links, other than that you'll probably be met
with the usual "look at the source" (this never fails to infuriate me.
 Or "ask questions on the mailing list".  Although, if you're new to
WebKit, then chances are you don't knw what questions to ask, you just
want to read about it for a bit.

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Aneesh Bhasin<contact.ane...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am sure this has been asked before but I cannot seem to find
> anything related to it :
>
> Is there any documentation related to the internals (and not just
> external APIs) of webkit ? e.g. - regarding how javascript is
> parsed/executed, block-level diagram of the source and other such
> things which could help a developer to get started on adding features
> in webkit ?
>
> Also, is there any good resource that explains the working of a
> browser engine in some detail (e.g. what steps are involved from
> parsing a page to actually displaying it on screen) ?
>
> Thanks in advance for the help.
>
> Regards,
> Aneesh

Regards