On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 05:24 -0800, Adam Barth wrote:
> Eric and I are working on a bot that might help this situation.
> Essentially, the bot will try out patches on Qt and GTK and add a
> comment to the bug if the patch regresses the build.  Our plan is to
> start with compiling, but we'd eventually like to run the tests as
> well.

That sounds like an awesome idea. Thanks for working on it. Build
breakages themselves have become less of an issue for us in recent times
- people are definitely more aware of our bots, and are acting on fixing
them when they break.

I think such an automated approach to running the build, and tests for
upcoming patches will surely help with giving this a second step
forward.

See you,

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva <g...@gnome.org>