On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 12:47 PM, Dimitri Glazkov <dglaz...@chromium.org> wrote:

> This is a huge issue with the Chromium port as well. We spend quite a
> bit of effort tracking down failing tests, only to discover that the
> failure is due to one-port baselines or new functionality added to
> DRT. I wonder if the approach we have today in regards to tests is not
> sustainable with multiple vibrant ports, each spending way to much
> time catching up.

This is also a big concern for our tiny group working on the Haiku
port. While we are not nearly at the stage of GTK, Qt or Chromium, we
hope to get there one day, and it would be frustrating to have our
tests broken or our (future) build bot constantly red due to other
port's changes.

Given how many people are having pain with this, it seems some change
might be warranted. Unfortunately I don't feel qualified enough to
suggest anything.

But I think there is enough cumulative experience on all sides to come
up with a good solution.

Ryan