On May 10, 2010, at 11:45 PM, Eric Seidel wrote:

As Maciej states, webkit-patch upload is pretty quick (at least for
git users).

I'm not a git user but I still find it more convenient than any other approach because it has fewer steps and it helps me avoid some common mistakes.

I do think making it capable of handling subdirectories would be an improvement for SVN users. Also, I suspect it doesn't work as well as it could for people who prefer to edit ChangeLogs in a non-command- line editor, and for people who are very much in the habit of running prepare-ChangeLog before they even think about uploading a patch. Even with those limitations, I personally find it very useful, and I am a grumpy curmudgeon about tools.

On a tangential note, I think another thing that would help in these particular cases is enabling more of our JS-only tests to run as part of run-javascriptcore-tests, so it's easier for JS hackers to run them without having to wait on a WebCore world rebuild.

Regards,
Maciej