Greetings, WebKit deveopers,
As a response to requests from web apps developers, I was intended to
add a simple API for accessing web app's memory consumption, see
The scenario of using this API is as follows:
- a builbot runs web app's common usage scenarios tests;
- inside tests, memory usage is recorded via the API proposed;
- the results are sent to a server (using XHR or a CGI request);
- server plots nice graphs of memory usage status, bound to the
changes made to the web app;
- thus, if someone does a change that blows up memory usage,
developers will notice.
As Sam points out, this change may be fine, but he suggests to make it
accessible only when a browser runs in a special "developer" mode.
This can also be applied to the whole 'console' object.
Please, share your thoughts on this.
webkit-dev mailing list