On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 12:57 PM, Darin Adler <da...@apple.com> wrote:

> I’m worried a bit, though, that if we can’t use any text in them at all,
> the tests are then not at all self explanatory. You have to be an expert on
> the test to understand what it’s testing and what success and failure look
> like.

I think for tests where we're worried that's the case, we should (for now)
just go ahead and continue using text and having separate baselines.  The
per-test cost is relatively low and the number of tests that fall into this
bucket is hopefully small?

Maybe we can come up with a new form of test that puts the explanation of
> the test somewhere that will not be dumped and the test in a frame, and have
> the pixel tests dump only the frame.

That would also work.

PK