TransformationMatrix started out as floats, then got changed to doubles in
<http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/40761>

This was done because on most hardware there is no penalty for using doubles
over floats, and provided a better match with our system APIs that used doubles.

I'd prefer to take a forward-looking stance here, and assume that in time
hardware will catch up.

Simon