Hi Benjamin,

On Sep 13, 2013, at 7:22 PM, Benjamin Poulain <benja...@webkit.org> wrote:
> This is sad.

I can understand very well, that you are not very happy about this. And I don't
think anybody here took this decision lightly.

> When "modules" of Qt are put on "maintenance", it is basically a synonym to
> "it's unmaintained, just let it die". I am very unexcited about having one of
> those in the tree along the live development from everyone else.
> It is unfair for all the ports who put real efforts in the WebKit opensource
> project.

Real efforts is not something that can be define that simple, i think. It
depends a lot on available resources as well.
However, I think we are doing exactly what you are asking for. With the pieces
that we do not have enough people working on, we are getting out of the way,
and will maintain it through our own gerrit.
For the builds we have actively people working on, we remain working upstream.

- Zeno

--
Zeno Albisser
Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt