On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 9:24 AM, Timothy Hatcher <timo...@apple.com> wrote:
> As I replied before, there should only be one attribute — srcset.

I have a serious suggestion - could we rename srcset to src-n
(literally, "src-n"), and then just ship it?  This puns in three
interesting ways:

1. If src-N is never accepted, it's still an attribute that holds N
src values, so src-n works well.
2. If src-N is accepted, but as a single attribute, src-n is just
named perfectly to match the proposal name.
3. If src-N is accepted fully, the obvious ordering is clearly src-1,
src-2, src-3, ..., src-n, which matches the fallback we want.

A guaranteed "last fallback" is legitimately useful for the full src-N
proposal, so I'm totally okay with integrating that into my proposal.

This'll let us ship now, and then continue to discuss src-N for a
while, with whatever solution we land on still having a consistent
name. Win for authors no matter what the result is.

~TJ