>>> If I had to describe this algorithm in English, I’d say, “Collect and
>>> retain all the [auto] from the list of parsed parameters.” I think that
>>> explanation would be stronger if “[auto]” were a concrete noun.
>>
>> The variable and the function are both named pattern and I would use that as
>> the noun.
>
> Question for Geoff or anyone who knows: is it contextually useful to know
> that it's specifically a "DeconstructionPatternNode*" beyond knowing that
> it's a "pattern”?

For me, knowing that it’s a “DeconstructionPatternNode” tells me where to go in
source code to find out more. Namely:

- Why do we need manual reference counting here? (Answer:
DeconstructionPatternNode allocates variable-sized storage within itself, and
aliases that storage as untyped memory.)

- Is this normal reference counting, or something weird? (Answer:
DeconstructionPatternNode inherits from RefCounted<DeconstructionPatternNode>,
so this is normal reference counting.)

Geoff