Hi everyone, me again,

I kept working on getting media_stream to work. I think my understanding of
what is happening improved, but I’m still stuck at the same point:

I read some more code and did some research about the Supplement and
Supplementable classes.
I mainly found this page which explains that Supplements are used to extract
code from “massive” classes and make then more manageable and maintainable.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway, it doesn’t change that my program has no Supplement for the key
“UserMediaController”.
It looks like most of the supplements are being provided in two places:
WebKit::WebView::_commonInitializationWithFrameName
WebKit2::WebPage ’s constructor
is there any other place where it should be done?

WebView actually contains a call to WebCore::provideUserMediaTo which creates a
supplement, but my debugging show that _commonInitializationWithFrameName is
never called.
WebPage’s constructor does not generate a UserMediaController supplement.

My understanding of the WebView is that it is the rectangle in which the
webpages are rendered. Is this assumption correct?
I don’t understand why _commonInitializationWithFrameName is never called when
browsing. From the name of the function, I would expect it to be called right
after the memory allocation.

This leaves me with 2 options:
1) Find a way to trigger _commonInitializationWithFrameName.
I have no idea of how to do that at the moment

2) Duplicate the call to WebCore::provideUserMediaTo in WebKit2::WebPage.
I understand this is what is being done for the geolocation supplement.
I started to implement this solution, but it requires to translate
Objective-C++ code into C++, and I am afraid that the file inclusion might
never end.

Does any one of these solutions sound more reliable than the other for you?

Thanks in advance,
J-O H

--
Haché Jacques-Olivier
R&D Engineer at Temasys Communications Pte Ltd