Thanks a lot for all your response, that really helps a lot.
My own responses bellow:

--
Haché Jacques-Olivier
R&D Engineer at Temasys Communications Pte Ltd

On 31 Jul 2014, at 16:34, Benjamin Poulain <benja...@webkit.org> wrote:

> On 7/30/14, 2:51 AM, Jacques-Olivier wrote:
>> I kept working on getting media_stream to work. I think my understanding of
>> what is happening improved, but I’m still stuck at the same point:
>>
>> I read some more code and did some research about the Supplement and
>> Supplementable classes.
>> I mainly found this page which explains that Supplements are used to extract
>> code from “massive” classes and make then more manageable and maintainable.
>> Please correct me if I am wrong.
> That's right. Supplement are used to manage complexity by encapsulating self
> contained features behind a separate interfaces.
Good

>> Anyway, it doesn’t change that my program has no Supplement for the key
>> “UserMediaController”.
>> It looks like most of the supplements are being provided in two places:
>> WebKit::WebView::_commonInitializationWithFrameName
>> WebKit2::WebPage ’s constructor
>> is there any other place where it should be done?
> +probably another place in the WebKit layer for Windows, you can probably
> ignore that.
I will

>> WebView actually contains a call to WebCore::provideUserMediaTo which
>> creates a supplement, but my debugging show that
>> _commonInitializationWithFrameName is never called.
>> WebPage’s constructor does not generate a UserMediaController supplement.
>>
>> My understanding of the WebView is that it is the rectangle in which the
>> webpages are rendered. Is this assumption correct?
>> I don’t understand why _commonInitializationWithFrameName is never called
>> when browsing. From the name of the function, I would expect it to be called
>> right after the memory allocation.
> WebKit1's WebView is not used by Safari.
>
> The WebKit project has two "application layers": an old one named WebKit1
> that handle web pages in-process, and a new one named WebKit2 that use a
> multi-process model.

Interesting. Do you know when the shift was done?
That means that Safari is not using it, but other port might.

>> This leaves me with 2 options:
>> 1) Find a way to trigger _commonInitializationWithFrameName.
>> I have no idea of how to do that at the moment
> If you want, you can still use WebKit1 by using the MiniBrowser:
> Tools/Scripts/run-minibrowser (IIRC it runs WebKit1 by default, but if not
> there is a way to get it to run WebKit1).

Awesome!
I had to comment the permission checking as it seems like a function is
missing, but I was able to turn on my camera.

More precisely, the UIDelegate does not respond to the selector
webView:decidePolicyForUserMediaRequestFromOrigin:listener:
It doesn’t sound impossible to fix.

Once once the camera is turned on, the success callback is properly called.
I tried to render it in a video element by doing (JS)
        videoElement.src = stream;
but I guess it would have been a bit too easy :)

There is no error, but nothing happens.
It looks like the <video> element successfully registers the MediaStream, but
is not capable of rendering it.

I will have to do some more digging in how the video element is handling a
MediaStream.

>> 2) Duplicate the call to WebCore::provideUserMediaTo in WebKit2::WebPage.
>> I understand this is what is being done for the geolocation supplement.
>> I started to implement this solution, but it requires to translate
>> Objective-C++ code into C++, and I am afraid that the file inclusion might
>> never end.
>>
>> Does any one of these solutions sound more reliable than the other for you?
> Long term, if you want WebRTC to work in WebKit, it will have to work on
> WebKit2. If you just want to prototype something, it might be easier to use
> WebKit1 if its implementation is in a better shape.

I just arrived on Webkit, so I’m still in a discovery phase.
I think I will start by getting the MediaStream to work with WK1, and move to
WK2 once I will be more familiar with the code.

> Can you clarify your goals? Do you intent to provide patches for WebRTC
> support in WebKit?

Yes, I’m here to complete the implementation of WebRTC in WebKit.
As I said, I’m still just entering the project, but in time, I will start
providing patches.
I’ll probably get MS to fully work locally, and then move to the PeerConnection.

Regards,
J-O

> Benjamin
>

>> Thanks in advance,
>> J-O H
>>
>> --
>> Haché Jacques-Olivier
>> R&D Engineer at Temasys Communications Pte Ltd
>> Fr : 06 45 85 48 80
>> Sg : 9086 3673
>>
>> On 29 Jul 2014, at 17:45, Jacques-Olivier <jo.ha...@temasys.com.sg> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I have some updates regarding my enabling of media_stream and some new
>>> question.
>>>
>>> I managed to build the project with the following options ON:
>>> ENABLE_MEDIA_CAPTURE
>>> ENABLE_MEDIA_CONTROLS_SCRIPT
>>> ENABLE_MEDIA_SOURCE
>>> ENABLE_MEDIA_STATISTICS
>>> ENABLE_MEDIA_STREAM
>>> ENABLE_VIDEO
>>> ENABLE_VIDEO_TRACK
>>> For this I had to:
>>> 1) copy the content of these folders
>>> WebKit/WebKitBuild/Debug/DerivedSources/WebCore