All stable and nightly browsers that I could find[1] agree on the return of
getComputedStyle() in this situation. Therefore, I opened this issue[2] to
update the spec to match the implementations.

—Myles

[1] - Microsoft Edge 25.10586.0.0 / Microsoft EdgeHTML 13.10586
- Firefox 50.0a1 (2016-06-20)
- Firefox 47.0
- Chrome 53.0.2773.0 canary
- Chrome 51.0.2704.103