On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 12:32 AM, youenn fablet <youe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I had this setup working a year or so ago. I was using the regular Mac
> "make" build.
>
> Le dim. 7 mai 2017 à 19:28, Ben Kelly <b...@wanderview.com> a écrit :
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Does anyone have ccache (or an equivalent) working with local webkit
>> builds on mac?  I've spent the last couple of days trying to figure out,
>> but have not had much luck.
>>
>> I've installed ccache via homebrew and its in my path.
>>

> Did the same. I had to ensure clang used by Xcode was the ccache proxy.
> Don't remember whether just setting CC/CXX in the command line works.
> When running make, you can see which clang is used.
> Maybe setting CC/CXX in Source/WebCore/Configurations/Base.xcconfig would
> do the trick (for WebCore).

I guess I'm hesitant to fiddle with Base.xcconfig because I don't want to
accidentally include those changes in patches, etc.

What is the syntax for overriding CC/CXX on the command line with
build-webkit?  (Or for the make build, although its unclear how to
configure that.)

I guess I was also hoping there was some way to specify a
'user-override.xcconfig' that the webkit build would try to pull-in
automatically where this stuff could be set.

Thanks.

Ben