From: Ryosuke Niwa <rn...@webkit.org>
Subject: Re: [webkit-dev] Request for position on First-Party Sets

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 1:52 PM Kaustubha Govind via webkit-dev
<webkit-dev@lists.webkit.org> wrote:

> [Resending after subscribing to webkit-dev, since my previous message
bounced back]

> On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 4:47 PM Kaustubha Govind <kaustub...@chromium.org>
wrote:

>> Hi Maciej, Webkit team,
>>
>> Now that First-Party Sets has been incubating within PrivacyCG for ~6
months, I wanted to check with you to see if you have reconsidered your
position on the proposal. It seems WebKit may intend to use First-Party
Sets relationships to apply to browser policies other than cookie blocking (
https://github.com/w3ctag/design-reviews/issues/342#issuecomment-801517385),
but I wasn't sure whether to construe that as positive progress in your
position.

I'm not certain in what way John's comment could be interpreted like
that but WebKit does not have such a plan and Apple's WebKit team
continues to oppose this proposal. I don't think there has been
substantive changes to address the various concerns we have raised so
far.

- R. Niwa